Saturday, March 17, 2012

OH! What A Mighty Wind Can Do


Last week we made a brief trip to the Branson, Missouri area to visit my brother. Several days before Branson had been hit by a powerful tornado and cleanup was well underway. I am happy to report that no one was killed or injured because the tornado hit during bedtime hours along the mostly deserted entertainment strip. The good folks of the area were not about to let some high winds spoil the vacations of the many tourists, so, they were all pulling together to make sure the shows and other venues were open even if they had to preform in a borrowed facility. We attended two shows while there and they were both outstanding.

As luck would have it, Santa Claus was among the vacationers (He loves Branson) and he became trapped by a falling tree. But, I am happy to report he was rescued only a little the worse for wear.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Rita...It's good to hear from you again. Serious business that tornado stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am soooooo happy to see you back and of course I am so happy that the recent spate of tornadoes brought no fatalities. Still scary though. (life can be a little scary though can't it?)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my site. Without your visits there would be no incentive to continue posting. So, having you here and reading your comments is the highlight of my day.

I regret that time does not always allow me to return visits to everyone who stops by, but, I will certainly do my best to get to everyone. I will definitely answer any questions you leave me.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.